Friday, February 17, 2012

Early spring game cam

My husband's last idea for a game cam location didn't work out like he anticipated. The high altitude game trail was apparently not a path in current use. No critter pics at all for 3 weeks.

On the way up to check the camera, we did get a live-action wildlife treat though: a huge flock of turkeys. At least two dozen of them strolled calmly across the hill, shuffling through the dry leaves and making quite a racket.

We finally moved the camera to the spot I'd been whining about for some time: a low-level easy creek access. I have been hankering for a mink shot and I know they like water, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.



The Great Blue Heron was a surprise. They are frequently in the ponds, but I had no idea that they visited the creek too.



Isn't he pretty? Some turkeys were in the same spot just earlier, but they were moving too fast and were blurry.



There were four night shots, but at a distance. I am wondering, if we put the camera on a stake closer to the action, would the animals shy away from it? Or would they walk behind it, just to taunt us? I guess we'll try this spot a few more weeks and then see.



Coyote checking his smell-mail.

Coming up next: two mystery critters in the dark of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment